The Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas (Bullring of The Sales) is the third largest bullring in the world and the largest of Spain. The plaza was designed by architect Jose Espeliu and features a neo-mudejar style. Measuring 60 meters in diameter, the ring has a capacity of 25,000 spectators. The Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas was first inaugurated June 17, 1931, under the name The Sales of the Holy Spirit. Remaining virtually closed for three years following the inauguration, the plaza was officially opened again on Oct. 21, 1934. Bull races take place at the square from mid-May to mid-June.